The Godhead Three In One- part 2
Week 1 … Day 4 ... The Godhead Three In One
Coffee Talk for Thursday, December 11, 2014
Today’s Focus is: The Good News of the Gospel
Carefully prepared just for you by your friend, Brenda Bearden
Dearest Father, Please help us to understand the simple gift of the gospel in Your Son Jesus Christ today, that we may stand on so sound and firm a foundation in Christ. He is the solid Rock on which we stand! We praise You LORD for so great a salvation. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.
The Galatians had found themselves on a slippery slope accepting the false teachings of a so called gospel adding to the grace found in the free gift of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Any time something is added or takenawayfrom the true gospel it is NO gospel at all. When we accept what Jesus did on the Cross in our place and put our trust in Him alone like a child and have a child like faith, we are saved. We trust Jesus alone for salvation and have received so great a salvation. The Holy Spirit takes up residency in our very hearts and seals us forever, never to be separated from the LORD!
The Galatians were being deceived and tossed into confusion by the lie that the Christians had to also keep the Jewish traditions and laws to be saved. (Gal 3:1-4) Let’s keep the main thing the main thing, all who simply believe in Jesus are God’s children (Gal 3:26-29) Sinner, you have been saved by grace alone!
The main thrust of Paul’s letter to the church in Galatia was the truth that anyone who believes in Jesus is thereby God’s child – and that this adoption and salvation have nothing whatsoever to do with adherence to rules. Both Jewish and Greek believers are sons and daughters of God- born slaves and free, both men and women- all who believe are God’s children. *5
While we are no longer bound to the letter of the law, we as believers are “clothed…with Christ” (vs, 27) and must focus on pleasing Him rather than on self-gratification. (Romans 13:14)
- We are saved by grace through trust/faith in Jesus Christ and not by works or any human effort to try and please God. “No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.” (Acts 15:11)
- God made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. (Eph 2:5)
- For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—(Eph 2:8)
- He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, (2 Timothy 1:9)
Rest, yes please rest in Christ Jesus alone! Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. (Acts 4:12)
If you have placed your trust in Jesus Christ you may rest in knowing that you are saved and are a child of God’s! Praise the Lord!
- Think of a time when you are tempted to add to your salvation in Christ. For example, have you ever perceived a particular rule, expectation or tradition as necessary for your salvation?
- Then spend time alone with the Lord and thank Him for saving you by grace alone.
Dear Lord, thank You so much for so great a salvation! We love You! Please shield our hearts from deception. Please help us against self-deception too! Keep us on the straight and narrow path that leads us in Your will and purpose for our lives. In Jesus’ name Amen.
What is God showing you through this study? We’d love to know. Leave us a comment below.
Do you have a relationship with Jesus Christ? Have you accepted His gift of salvation? Do you KNOW Him? If you have not yet accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and would like to, visit Extreme Encouragement today and begin one of the most meaningful relationships you will ever have.
*1 The Knowing Jesus Study Bible NIV general editors Edward Hindson, D.Phil. and Edward Dobson, Ed.D. Zondervan Publishing House pg. 1408
*2 Turning Point with Dr. David Jeremiah Devotion 12 03 2011 Why the Incarnation?
*3 chart taken from The Knowing Jesus Study Bible NIV general editors Edward Hindson, D.Phil. and Edward Dobson, Ed.D. Zondervan Publishing House pg. 230
*4 The Knowing Jesus Study Bible NIV general editors Edward Hindson, D.Phil. and Edward Dobson, Ed.D. Zondervan Publishing House pg.1580